WordPress and FlickR Test Page

I’m having trouble with my flickR embeds. The embedr seems to work on the draft page but only hyperlinks rather than give a slideshow within wordpress. Bear with us as WordPress and I try to hammer this out.

Firebird 68 One Bad Bird Shawn Borgen_2853
This One Bad Bird album shows as if it is embedded properly with the back and forth or right left or < >. Let’s see what happens 202200315.

sfds XDisc 333 2019-10-06 01-02-41 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4)-2
Shane’s Flying Disc Show XDisc album shows < and > in Draft.
The image of the Xdisc and the mustang is a screen shot of my draft view.

Even in the preview before post mode the embedded blocks only hyperlink.

Round and Round with customer service.

Thanks for reaching out to us at Flickr! You’ll have to reach out to WordPress customer service and they will be able to help.

Best,
Blake

Jay Ford uses his camera as a way to express his voice, and through it, amplify the voice of others. Watch the newest SmugMug Film, My Camera, My Voice, here​.
Blake – Support Hero
Was my reply helpful today?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 4:05 AM <help@flickr.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 4:05 AM <shaneksmith1957@gmail.com> wrote:
My wordpess flickr embedr only hyper links albums anymore 20210316. It used to hyper link and play the photos within wordpress.

For example. https://shaneksmithphotography.com/2021/03/16/flickr-embed-test/

Honesty Happens!

20210406. I was sent a customer service letter today that the bug is on WordPress’s side and they are working on it. That goes a long way in my book. This whole thing is a lot like magic anyway!

Dear Jessica, Thank you for working on this! I am going to attempt a step by step. Fir example I want to embed a FlickR album of m a local band. I go to flickR and grab the front page url.

Next up I hit the + to add a block.

I can choose from tons of stuff like Big Headings or paragraphs or embedding.

Then I look for the easy EmbedR specifically made for flickR by WordPress.

Diane Hoffman Havoc After Hours Tavern Larry Hedrick Lightshow High Point NC 20190217_0732

In the draft I can hover my mouse over the successful embed and the flickR hyper-link headr with logo shows up and the cursors which usually let me go left or right surf on the finished page.

HeadR (see how you’ve influenced me). In preview mode on WordPress end is where the trouble starts. I only get a hyper link. Used to work great. Well It has always worked very well up to 500 shots then it seems to hyper link. I mean as much ram as I have I can go really fast or click slowly. ( the 500 or more photos is another issue).

So when I update to the flickR wordpress test page I still just get hyper-link showing no cursors.

Let’s say i want to get fancy and go to share on FlickR and grab the embed code.

WordPress tells me then it just wants a url and not your embed code.

So let’s see what happens.

Maybe going to the embed box instead of the flickr embed box might work.

Same thing. It looks like it wants to work in draft. Then it only hyper links in preview. An update and refresh of my web page only gives me a hyper-link.

Test. Instead of using the url in the top search I am using the url given in the “share” feature.

Cross your fingers!

No. That just added a hyper link

Progress with customer service rep Jessica at FlickR. 20210413

This is how a person familiar with code explains it. I understand what she is saying and it is a lot better than me alking in to a hardware store saying I need a thing a ma jig!

The issue I can’t seem to resolve, and that does appear to be on WordPress’ side (sorry) is using an HTML block and adding the embed code. The following bit of code is stripped every time the post is published, even though previewing the code appears to work properly:
data-flickr-embed=”true” data-header=”true” data-footer=”true”

Hopefully this information will help WordPress discover the root cause of the problem. Otherwise, I hope one of the other options works for you!

Looking forward to an update.

Best,
Jessica

To WordPress support.

Dear  Kris,
 I found a technical  explanation from FlickR.  See if one of your  code writers can use this information.
data-flickr-embed=”true” data-header=”true” data-footer=”true”

Looking forward to an update.

Best,
Jessica

On Apr 6, 2021, at 5:22 PM, Shane Smith <shaneksmith@triad.rr.com> wrote:Thank You for your honesty!

On Apr 6, 2021, at 2:57 PM, WordPress.com Support <help@wordpress.com> wrote:

Kris (Automattic) Apr 6, 2021, 18:57 UTC Hi Shane,This is a bug on our side that our team has been notified of. I do not have an estimate on when it will be fixed, but I will add your report for them to review as well.Best,Kris
Happiness Engineer
WordPress.com

Test for Bill Scott’s combo album.

bill scott drums The Delmonicos Carolina Danceland sks edited-001 (99)
This didn’t work well for me like it did for Jessica.

20210414.

Robert (Automattic) Apr 14, 2021, 5:18 UTC Hi there Jessica,Thank you for sharing this feedback with us!I’ve passed this further to the developers to be looked into.Please let us know if you have any further questions. We’re here to help!Warm regards,Robert – Happiness Engineer @ WordPress.com

Let’s try a link from adobe albums.

All I get is a hypoer-link.

20210505 flickr test update.

Dogs Aroo mud pie _0680-2

Same thing but now my preview button isn’t working.

Let’s see if a small album works in Flickr.

Tree Cutters jclure at asplundh_4397

Hooray!

Today’s date is 20210907. I uploaded the basic version of slickr Flickr from the plug in add ons. I went to test the albums on this page. within seconds, flickR albums that weren’t working before are already working. This just saved TONS of WORK and opened up options for my web page. if this has salvaged all my other flickR embeds then i will be getting the PRO version just because I worked so hard trying to make it work before. it was taken away. I had a FlickR tech and a WordPress tech work on it. I wish tech support would have mentioned this before!

Now I am off to find an adobe albums plug in. without breaking the bank!

I am THRILLED! Thank You SlickR FlickR! I will add a test upload here to see if a new album will display!

Aroo and Taco Fresh cut 20210907-69

YES! YES! YES!

I will be trying to dig up the old customer service help letters and let WordPress know where to tell frustrated flickr users that they are back in action! I will be contacting the nice girl at FlickR and telling her thank You for trying so hard. She went as far as setting up her own test page! And I will try to find someone to thank at SlickR FlickR! i’ve been without a moving slideshow for months!

Before I get to happy about my FlickR working again, I noticed a No Theme CSS loaded notice on my published pages. It doesn’t show on work pages. WordPress has had three days to help me fix it. Everything I find on the web wants me to add more javascript or other magic jibberish to make it go away.

Today is 20210913 at 1:18am.

Shh! Please make it go away WordPress gurus!

I’ve uploaded the new SlickR FlickR pro 20210813 as of 8:00pm. It didn’t change the CSS warning i am getting on top of my web pages now. But i am just learning what CSS does. I think it has something to do with sizing things. Worpress team is on it as they advised i needed to send a request for help via a specific mail account.

I don’t seem to have broken any of my already loaded flickR embeds. One large album played as fast as my memory and connection would let it go. it looked like an old 8mm movie flashing by. I am not positive I loaded the right api key. Their were two api kleys and one said secret. i loaded the other one. So now i am about to load the largest album i have as I have been told i have unlimited display. Seems like before i was getting about 500 photos. The destructions say i am suppposed to enter some code somewhere. But this is my first effort to test a large album.

sr Logo for Grouper
This album has 17,251 photos in it. I used the wordpress flickr embed block. It Played from b to a tennis photo from 1969. I have to figure out how many that was and how to make it play more.

WordPress support fixed my CSS error.

Richard H. (Automattic)

Sep 14, 2021, 3:28 UTC

Hi there from WordPress.com support,

Your message:

Support just recently this black and white notice shows in the top left hand corner off my web page.

No worries, I’ve since resolved that issue for you.

This would appear to be due to the Option setup in the Page Optimize plugin being set to exclude the admin bar and dashboard icons from its settings here:

I’ve since disabled the Concatenate Styles option there for now as that seems to be an option that is not compatible with the theme you have active on the site and the message has been removed.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this request and we can help where needed.

Best wishes,

Richard H. | WordPress.com Happiness Engineer

Testing My New SlickR FlickR

20210914

I’ve installed SlickR FlickR Pro and my FlickR problem for posting small albums is resolved. But i can’t make ends meet yet of posting a gallery of slideshows or an Unlimited album yet. For now i’m just testing to see if the albums i pick work. The fiorst one had over 17,000 images and only about 500 play. So next I’m picking 238 to see if they will work. Then I’ll try to re-read any de-structions I can tomorrow before crawling to the forums!

The Rhinestone Ropers

Dixie Classic Fair 2008 Dan Kimberly Cody mink Shane  2008  DSC_0300 (50)
I should get 238 photos plus one video. i’m not worried if the video plays. That is a bonus.

The first Ropers photos look like the first version of a flickR embed before it broke. All 238 photos played. The video did not. I did not get “The Look” the code writer gets for his images. I can learn how and where to insert code. But it sure is nice loading a url in a box and clicking go!

Dixie Classic Fair 2008 Dan Kimberly Cody mink Shane  2008  DSC_0300 (50)

Using the embed tool rather than the flickR tool I get the same results. So I am missing a step but I’m not disappointed.

Customer Service helped me get an easier way to sort my menus.

For your page I bet this will get you there .

/wp-admin/nav-menus.php

It makes a big difference with lots of menus and tabs.

The hard way is here.

However my menus still move in groups instead of one story at a time. It is hard to figure out how to break them loose.

Sabbir A (Automattic)

Sep 20, 2021, 4:28 UTC

Hello Shane,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

However I am having difficulty moving things where I want. I’ve blown my Main threads away and scrambled all my sub menus. This move in clumps when I want them to move one by one. I went in to the bulk item menu and it helps a little. The worst is a memorial obit page I do for my old friends. I don’t want to scramble them. Because I mix them up with all my old friends still alive. I almost started a problem putting two people in the obits that are still alive. So far I think it is still intact and order. Everything is moved all around it. Do you think I may be better off to move each thing “to the top” and start all over.

So, you mean you have scrambled the menu items for your site? screenshot

Yes.  It seems in the past I could get posts to go where I wanted them.  Now when I try to move 1 post, 3 or 4 posts might move with them including the main most for a group of sub posts.  Last night I saw how to open the box and click remove or let go of (??) or send to top.  My thoughts are maybe from the top I could sort them better.  Instead of me guessing from this point . A good lesson on how to move my posts around would be great.  Because I am close to having things right again.

Notes to self. I got snag it working again with the aid of a great CS person. I have almost got my menus back together on WP because there are still people out there that understand how to teach this magic!

For some reason today the menus seem to be moving correctly. I think someone from WordPress got in there and hit the easy button for me because they are moving in place smoothly today 20210921

Published by shanesflyingdiscshow

ShanesFlyingDiscShow@gmail.com did thousands of Frisbee shows all over the United States for over 30 years. Shane is also a photographer. ShaneKSmithPhotography@gmail.com

%d bloggers like this: